Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cupcake dress and Xmas skirts.



With Christmas coming up I have started to make up some Christmas skirts for my girls and a few for a friend. I am hoping to have the sets all finished by the weekend so I can get some photo's for Christmas cards. I think the skirts look gorgeous and are very twirly when on, a bit of a hit with the girls.


I have been wanting to sew something using a stretch fabric for a while but I have been a tad cautious. Anyhow I decided to bite the bullet and attempt a dress for Lexie I have had my eye on for a while. I used a pink jersey fabric and the cutest cupcake fabric...very cute!
It was a lot easier than I thought and this dress only took over just an hour to complete, It's not perfect but it is ok for a first attempt, I made it from Simplicity pattern 4252.

1 comment:

loujefferd said...

Cute skirts. I bet they are a hit with the girls. Sam and Maddi will LOVE them. See you soon.
Lou
xox