Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Pillowcase dress for Miss Lexie.



Today Lexie asked me if I could make her a new dress, well of course I couldn't let her down could I?
I needed to make something quick and easy and remembered seeing a "pillowcase dress tutorial" on the net a few weeks back so went searching and found it.

I didnt have any pillowcases that I could bring myself to cut up but had plenty of fabric..of course! So I let her choose some and she picked a pretty blue and red floral fabric.

I am pretty happy with the final result although I will be replacing the ribbon straps with a skinnier ribbon tomorrow as all I had on hand at the time was the wider ribbon but I think it's a bit too much and comes undone much to easy.

Also today Lexie recieved a special suprise in the mail from a lady on EB who's little girl "Lexie" had outgrown . It is a grogeous hat with "Lexie" embroided on it, needless to say she has been wearing it all day and I don't see it coming off anytime soon.

No comments: