Sunday, October 26, 2008

Back on track!





The last few weeks have been kaos around here with Abbey being very unwell, school/kindy going back and a few other curve balls thrown our way. Anyhow we are back on track, Abbey is well and back at school, Lexie has settled back into kindy and the days are getting longer and warmer..YAY!
Today Stace had to sail so I bribed the wee ones with Macca's and 2 new DVD's to keep them busy while I got reunited with my sewing machine. Firstly I finished off a dressmade out of Heffalump material for Chelsea, she loves anything Heffalump so when I saw this fabric I just had to get it. The dress is from a New look pattern but I have changed the back to a cross over with elastic back so that it fits better and the straps wont slide off her shoulders. It looks a bit crumpled in the photo as she wore it all afternoon.
My machine has been playing up of late when sewing my Funky bags so I made one up just to play and readjust the settings as I didnt want it to stuff up on a bag that someone had ordered. I used a gorgeous green vintage fabric that I had in my stash and the machine worked a treat the whole time, the end result I was pretty chuffed with. I then set to work on a bag that a friend had ordered in a pink print, it worked out great, I hope she will be happy with it too.
I have a few more bags to make this week and will also get to work on some Christmas outfits for the girls.

No comments: